Comments help in interacting & engaging with your audience. Bloggers value the opinion of their readers & so the comment systemon any blog is of vital importance. Comments help in engaging with your audience. Joining the discussion on your own site can also increase traffic, sales, and social shares
WordPress Developers have created a number of high-quality plugins for WordPress to help site owners make it as easy for users to comment, and for them to manage the interaction that results.
In this article, we’ll step through Seven of the best WordPress comments plugins out there with a view to giving you a complete set of options to choose from for the particular needs of your own site.
1. Jetpack WP Plugin
Jetpack has almost grown to the position of being considered default comments system on WordPress blogs these days. Convenient, simple, and easy to use, it’s the default for many bloggers.It is a multi-functional plugin. It can do more than just improve the commenting aspects of your website.
Infact, the Jetpack Comments is part of the 30 modules of the Jetpack plugin which comes pre-packaged.
Jetpack WP Plugin main Features :
- Commenters can login with their WordPress.com, Twitter, Google+, or Facebook account.
- Allow commenters the option to comment without registering or logging in.
- Enable readers to subscribe to followup comments via email.
- Provides Traffic stats & Insights
- Jetpack tells you how many visits your site gets and helps you get more traffic with tools like Related Posts, Publicize, Enhanced Distribution, and Sharing.
- Jetpack protects your site against brute force attacks and unauthorised logins. We also monitor your site for downtime and keep your plugins updated.
- Jetpack automatically optimizes and speeds up images using the global WordPress.com content delivery network. This saves you hosting costs by reducing bandwidth.
- With Jetpack comes a centralized dashboard on WordPress.com. Manage plugins and menus, publish posts, and view enhanced site stats for all of your sites.
- Jetpack includes other features that help you customize your site including Custom CSS, Contact Forms, Galleries and Carousels, Notifications and Subscriptions, Configurable Widgets, and many more.
- Jetpack also comes with Dedicated Support which is vital for users.
2. Facebook Comments Plugin
Facebook comments plugin is great tool that will allow you to show your visitors Facebook comments on your website. At the same time this plugin is very useful for improving your website traffic from Facebook. Facebook Comments box is important part of social optimization as well, that’s why most of websites use Facebook Comments box on their websites.
Apparently, we all know that Facebook is the largest social network in the world. Top internet websites like TechCrunch use the Facebook commenting system instead of the default WordPress comments.
One obvious benefit of using Facebook comments is that it increases your site’s visibility on Facebook’s huge network.
Another benefit of using Facebook comments is that it removes the anonymity factor, so users are less likely to leave spammy comments because it’s tied to their Facebook profile.
Facebook Comments Plugin main Features
- User friendly and easy to use.
- Tested with other popular plugins.
- import Facebook Comments box to your WordPress website.
- Add Facebook Comments box Title.
- Chose Facebook Comments box Title text color.
- Select Comments box Title position.
- Select where to display Facebook Comments box.
- Set Facebook Comments box width.
- Set Facebook Comments ordering.
3. Comments Guestbook WordPress Plugin
The purpose of Comments Guestbook Plugin is to add a guestbook site which uses the wordpress integrated comments. Using the wordpress integrated comments system creates a consistent styling of guestbook form and comment list for every theme you are using.
Moreover, all wordpress comment features are available for the guestbook comments also e.g. E-Mail Notification, listing in “All Comments” on admin page. Also all plugins which are modifying the comment list or comment form will also work with Comment Guestbook automatically (e.g. a captcha plugin for antispam).
Comments Guestbook WordPress Plugin main Features
- Setup comment form position (in page, above comment list, below comment list). You can also use more than one.
- Adjust the comment form (change texts, hide elements)
- Ajdust the comment order (newest first, oldest first)
- Option to show numbered pagination links for the comment list
- Ajdust the comment html-code for the guestbook page
- Option to include all comments of your site in the comment list on the guestbook page
- Sidebar widget to show recent comments with a lot of options
- Show a message after a new comment was made. This option you can also enable for all post/pages in your blog
4. Wp Advanced Comment
The WP Advanced Comment is also an equally competent WordPress plugin that uses AJAX based comment system for WordPress with drag and drop fields. This allows your website visitors to comment on articles, blogs and product pages.
WP Advanced Comment main Features
- Easy to create forms with drag and drop options.
- Enable or disable guest comments.
- Change comment forms status to published, unpublished or show only comments( disable comment form ).
- Email notification of new comments with custom fields.
- Advance search comments ( Backend ).
- Uses of Jquery Validation plugin.
- Available custom fields ( Text, Textarea, Radio Button, Checkbox, DropDown/Select, Multiselect, Url, Email, Setion Break, HTML Codes , User Image )
- Create unlimited custom fields.
- Create unlimited comment forms.
5. WP Discuz WordPress Plugin
We all know that DISQUS is a user friendly commenting system that supports all major blogging platforms. It is also a flexible commenting system that lets users add Images and videos into comments.
The WP Discuz WordPress plugin employs AJAX realtime comment system. It basically super-charges the native WP comment system by adding awesome functionality via the free plugin itself.
Moreover it comes optimised for mobile devices, allows real-time commenting and offers instant email notifications. The security aspect of the plugin is taken care of by the Comments moderator through a unique dashboard that has spam controls and blacklists. Analytics about your commenters can also be seen.
Plus, this is one of the highest rated commenting plugins with active support on the WordPress.org form so definitely work checking out!
WP Discuz WordPress plugin main Features
- Adds interactive comment box on posts and other content types
- Responsive comments form and comment threads design
- Clean, simple and easy user interface and user experience
- Live update of new comments with notifier buttons
- Comment list sorting by newest, oldest and most voted comments
- Anonymous comments ( name and email can be set as not required )
- Full integration with Social Network Login plugins (Facebook, Twitter…)
- Multi-level (nested) comment threads, with maximum levels depth setting option
- Ajax button “Load More Comments” instead of simple comments pagination
- Lazy load wpDiscuz comments on scrolling
6. Comment Luv Wodpress Plugin
CommentLuv encourages participation of commentors by throwing up the option of a adding recent and relevant backlink from the commented page. If a reader comments on your post, a link to their most recent blog post will be included at the end of the comment.
One of the primary benefits of this WordPress plugin, CommentLuv plugin is a way to convert comments section in Your WordPress blogs from nofollow to dofollow. In the default mode, the comments section in all WordPress blogs is nofollow. As security could be put to risk by handing out free backlinks you’ll need to deploy and moderate carefully.
7. ViComi WordPress Plugin
Using the Vicomi wordpress Plugin, users can share their thoughts by selecting one of the available emoticon icons. While some might consider this a bit gimmicky, it is something that no other commenting system currently offers.
This feature is called ‘Feelbacks’ that let your readers mark what they feel about your post. The interface of vicomi commenting system is user friendly as well as attractive. Moreover, ViComi also lets users to comment like a anonymous with multi features like he can add his name, email as a guest post. This feature is not available in blogger commenting system.
ViComi WordPress Plugin main Features
- Eye-catching & unique
- Commenters are rewarded with “credits” for participating meaningfully in discussions, and you can set up these credits to be redeemable in different ways.
- Comments can be recommended or flagged by your audience, a sort of self-moderation.
- Vicomi provides its own comment moderation dashboard, making it easier to get through your comments than some other systems.